In times like these it is important to remember that eating at home and having more time for snacking – we can still make healthy choices and keep our immune system strong with good nutrition.
Here are a few simple ideas for you to try:
- Try a new healthy recipe for dinner – make sure it has some veggies
- Snack on fresh fruits and vegetables with your favorite healthy protein like peanut butter or low fat cheese/dressing
- Freeze fresh fruits and veggies (if no plans to use before going bad) to use later in soups or smoothies
- Make at home dips, dressings, or fruit toppers with greek yogurt instead of cream cheese or sour cream
- Use whole grains when possible